Thursday, May 21, 2009

The List

So without further delay, here is the list:

  1. Read 22 books.
  2. Watch 22 movies.
  3. Beat 22 games.
  4. Listen to 22 songs.
  5. Hit 22 baseballs.
  6. Drive to 22 different towns, and see what they have to offer.
  7. Stay up 22 hours straight.
  8. Have 22 different flavors of ices.
  9. Drink 22 different beers.
  10. Take the subway to 22 different stops in New York City and see what they have to offer.
  11. Eat 22 different foods.
  12. Catch 22 fish.
  13. Go out of my way to meet and converse with 22 strangers.
  14. Play 22 sport games: Ultimate Frisbee, baseball, etc.
  15. Drive 22 miles away from home and see where that lands me.
  16. Go to 22 different events: Concerts, sporting, festivals, etc.
  17. Shoot 22 holes of golf. (I know, I'll have to play two or three games, not a big deal)
  18. Do 22 good deeds.
  19. Go on 22 dates...
  20. ...with 22 different women.
  21. Lose 22 pounds.
  22. Do something outdoors I really like 22 times: the beach, the park, biking, canoeing, camping, etc.
So theres the list. As you can see, some are pretty easy, some are not. They are going require work, and i'm going to document this whole trip as best I can. And now the main rule:

I want to do everything on this list starting from Saturday, May 16th, when classes finally finished to the first day of September when I will begin student teaching.

So that's my goal. I want to see how I am when I summer ends. Now, I'm asking those who will read this, what should I do? I have a few ideas, but I'm asking you to give me suggestions. You tell me, what is good place to check out? What place has good food? Where can I get a good beer? Where would be a good place to take a girl out? Let me know. I reside on Long Island, so I'll try get around this area as best as I can.

As this whole experiment goes on, I will try to keep an update of three times a week: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. So look forward to more posts as I take this challenge on. Until next time.

-Quinn

P.S. a little background on myself. I'm a 5'4, average built Irish guy. I've got blue eyes and brown hair. I'll try to get a picture up once this thing starts moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment