Monday, June 8, 2009

Another Weekend

Hi all,

So more things were accomplished in the couple of days since Friday, and I got started on a few more of the tasks at hand. Some of them I'm moving along rather quickly with, and will be able to focus on other ones soon. Others I need to spend more time on to get completed, which I hope to start up soon. So here is what got accomplished these couple of days.

1. Sport. Ultimate Frisbee. We had another midnight game of Frisbee at the Holbrook Country Club in Holbrook. While this game was short it was fast paced and high scoring. With people using just colored wristbands to distinguish between team mates, it adds to the excitement of the game.

2. Beer. Red Sky at Night. Now this is a beer! Not gonna lie, I had no clue of what type of beer it was going to be, except it is somewhat strong at 7.5%. I picked up some and put one down. The beer has a pleasant, smooth taste for something that high in alcohol content. Also, the beer has a spicy aftertaste that stays in your mouth after drinking it. Well worth it if you do not prefer the taste of hops in beer.

3. Beer. Blue Point Summer Ale. Great Beer, tastes great, goes down smooth, with a pleasant aftertaste. The taste of it is so great, it should be illegal to sell.

4. Book. Angels and Demons, by Dan Brown. This is the prequel to the Da Vinci Code, and tells of an adventure that Robert Langdon partakes in as he is brought to solve an a death. The death of a physicist/ priest starts a 24 hour time clock to disarm a bomb in Vatican City. He teams up with the priests daughter, Vittoria Vetra, and embarks on discovering what happened. But not everything is what it seems to be.

5. Song. Beatles- Helter Skelter.

6. Town/ Place of interest. Ronkonkoma, N.Y. The unfinished Huey Memorial. Ok folks, this is going to be finished in the near future. One of my buddies I was talking to about this list told me of this Huey helicopter that they erected one day over by MacArthur Airport in Ronkonkoma. There was nothing for it, no sign or description of why it is there. Only thing that is there is a Pillar holding the Helicopter up. So we took a ride to see it, and it was pretty amazing. I found out later that this is a memorial to the Huey that went down in the area a couple of years ago, killing the Pilot. So look for that in the future.

7. Good Deed. Saving the Drink. Now this is interesting case. My boss is not the friendliest person in the world, nor very trustworthy either. She has a habit of tossing out items that do not belong to her. So I came into work today and saw that some of my things had been tossed out. So I poked around the department, and could not find it anywhere. So the next step was checking the garbage. I pulled it apart, looking for my things, a drink and such. No luck at all. However, I find a bottle of soda, not even opened. I don't drink soda, only the guys I work with. I pulled it out and cleaned it off. The seal wasn't even broken. I took it and put it up away from prying eyes. Now I could of left it, because I could not find what I want, but decided that wasn't the right thing to do. It got put back up, at the risk of what could come.

So there are the updates for this weekend. I'll have pictures up of things in this update as soon as I can. Until next time,


-Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment